Wednesday 27 May 2009

3rd Day of Filming

The third day of filming was 19th May. I once again borrowed a camera and tripod from my sisters boyfriend James Doherty. He also offered his help with anything so I took him up on that. After reviewing the last weeks footage on final cut I realised it was going to be hard to make a whole film about one woman's insomnia and keep it interesting to watch. I decided to inject some conflict into the script by having a male character talking about killing her using a voiceover. Therefore I storyboarded a number of different shots from the male characters point of view to signify a murderous intent. These storyboards consisted of a man handleing and cleaning a set of knives. I thought about intercutting images of the knives being handled with images of the female character and all supported by a voice-over in the form of an inner monologue from the male characters point of view. I thought this would be much more interesting to make, edit and watch. My dad would be playing the would be killer. My plan is to just shoot his hands and arms while cleaning the knives. My reason I just want to shoot his hands because I want the male to be annonymous which I believe would be slightly scarier and put the audience a little bit on the edge. When shooting all my footage I really wanted every image to be composed, crisp, and beautiful. I was aware that my film wouldn't have a clear narrative or genre, so I thought that I might be able to make up for some of that by having beautiful images on screen. I am very aware that this will be a film made in the edit stage rather than on location or in a script.

No comments:

Post a Comment