Thursday 28 May 2009

Editing, DVD Menu

Today I just about finished my editing. I first thing I decided to do was to create the opening and closing credit sequences. I thought that this would give me a definite start and ending point to aim at. I knew I wanted to end on the shot of Caroline dead. So I put that shot in first. I reviewed the footage a few times and realised that all the long establishing shots of clock faces, taps dripping, wind chimes, etc would be nice to have evenly spaced throughout the film. Then to have them split up with small microcosms of violence and noise. I thought that this would draw parallel's between the vicious killing of someone with the peace and quiet surrounding a murder. I thought it would be interesting to have images of the women happy and then the images of knives and white noise to make the audience uneasy. I wanted to end with a crescendo of noise and images to heighten expectation as to what was happening ending of the image of someone who was apparently dead. I originally wanted to have the male voice over but was unable to get hold of a microphone and also I thought it would be to overkill and self explanitory. As I got further into the editing process I thought of this film as having less of a narrative and more the feeling of a piece of visual art with the audience left to make up they're own mind rather than telling them. After I had completed this I made a DVD menu on iDVD. The menu consisted of six of my favourite images I shot.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Michael,
    You have now been referred to in the media. Check out http://www.bloggersbase.com/articles/entertainment/media/who-has-your-name/

    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete