Monday 11 May 2009

Exams, David, Changing Idea

Ok now with all my exams and DMU work out the way I can now start on my short film. I have all but given up on the original Romantic Rooms film. The scale is to large now to fit into 20 days until the deadline. My only option is to re-work another idea that is much smaller and realistic in scope. So I have re-visited an idea from my A-level that I never made which is about someone coping with insomnia. Its always been very simple in my mind, involving things such as no dialogue, voice over, monologue, poetry, slow images of clock faces etc. It is a very cliche student idea but never the less its 'do-able'. So I have borrowed equipment off my sisters boyfriend who works in a media house in London which is alot easier than taking it from Confetti. So I will be filming Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th which should be all I need. The actor who I have cast is the best person I could find at short notice. Her name is Caroline Rogers and she has attended the Urdang Academy of Permoring Arts in Covent Garden for 3 years now. Shes a close friend and has bugged me to be in a film for ages now so I cast her because I know shes good, reliable, and will do well for the part. So now its just a matter of planning what I'm shooting tomorrow and getting on with it. I am going to be using some paperwork templates that our tutor has supplied us with. Documents such as Recce reports, location scouting, health and safety, actor contracts etc. I am also going to be drawing out my storyboards and finishing my script before I go to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment